Monday, September 13, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


I read this book because I say commercials for the movie, but I wanted to read the book first. It was a pretty good book! There was a quite a bit of rambling, which I really do not like, but there wasn't enough to make the book horrible. The concept of the book is very strange, but I think that is what it made fun to read. It was very unpredictable. I also really liked that you read the time traveler (Henry)'s story right next to a normal woman's story (Clare). It made it more interesting to see how her life was affected by him and the other way around. I also liked all of the science stuff in this book. A scientist puts some of the time traveling DNA in mice, which i found really weird, but really cool because then they time traveled! When I started this book, I was very confused because he is two different ages almost all the time , his age now and his age from when he time traveled. The whole concept of this book was really complex, but that is what had made it such a success and so interesting to read! Overall, I really liked this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment