Thursday, September 17, 2009

Speak By Laurie Halse Anderson



I am reading Speak. It isn't the best book to be reading at the beginning of high school but I have been wanting to read it for a while. I heard that there was a really surprising and horrible secret at the end and I have been wanting to know what it is for a long time. I am a little over 40 pages into it and I really like it so far! I really like books with pretty terrible problems or realistic fiction and this book suits both! I think that it is terrible that just because Melinda called the cops at a party, being incredibly responsible, all her friends and the rest of the school hate her. She must have done something else too or something else happened that night because at least a few people, definitely her best friend Rachel, would have understood why she had called the cops. I am really excited to keep reading and to find out what happened!

No comments:

Post a Comment