Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Pact by Jodi Picoult


I recently started The Pact by Jodie Picoult and I like it so far. I have gotten several recommendations for this book, which is the main reason I started it. I also wanted to read another Jodi Picoult book ( I have already read My Sister's Keeper and very much enjoyed that!) I like this book because I really like realistic fiction and books where creepy/scary things happen. This book takes place in a small town and there are two families, the Hartes and the Golds. The Hartes' have a son, Chris, and the Golds have a daughter, Emily. The families are neighbors. So far in the book, you see the spark of the relationship between the Hartes and the Golds. some parts of the book take place in the future and some in the past. They also show the families' relationships with each other now. I can tell they are very close; they have table reserved for them Friday nights at the Chinese restaurant, which I thought was really funny. The book also talks about how Emily and Christopher were in an accident and Emily got shot. Jodi Picoult describes the bullet hole in detail, which really freaked me out. Emily and Chris had been dating at the time of the accident, after they had already grown so close throughout the years, but at this point in the book, I don't know what Chris's reaction is. I am excited to find out and and to keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment