Thursday, January 13, 2011

Change of Heart By Jodi Picoult


This book was okay. I really like Jodi Picoult's books like My Sister's Keeper, The Tenth Circle and The Pact. I loved all three but found they were very description based but was balanced enough with the action parts that I liked them. This book was the same but there was a little more description then I would have preferred. This book is about a young man who kills a girl and her dad. The mother and wife of the victim's daughter, who she has after the murders, has heart problems and is in the hospital frequently. The man who killed the people is name is Shay. Shay wants to give his heart to the daughter, but originally can't because the lethal injection he will receive as his punishment will stop his heart, so the book mainly works towards figuring out what to do so he can give his heart to the girl. It is also based on the story of the mother of the girl, Shay's spiritual advisor, Shay's lawyer, and another prisoner. I thought I would really like this book because I like books about crimes, murder, and just depressing books in general. This book had all of those elements and lots of little surprises , but half of the parts, the one of the spiritual advisor and of the attorney, bored me like crazy! It just seemed like rambling to me! I also thought I would like the medical part of it because I usually like that stuff but this was just too much! Overall, this book was okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment