Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Wrinkle In Time By Madeline L'Engle


This book was very different from the books I usually read. My dad has been telling me to read this for a while so I finally did. I liked this book, but I didn't love it. I think I didn't love it because it was too fantasy for my taste. There were very, very few if any things that were realistic and I very, very much prefer realistic books. This book was about 3 kids, 2 who are siblings and looking for their father, and their freind who comes along for the jorney. The two siblings are Meg, who is like 13 and doesn't do well in school because she knows lots of shortcuts and doesn't show work, and Chales Wallace, who is like 4 and very, very smart for his age. The boy who goes along with them is name is Calvin and is dating Meg. I didn't really get their relationship because they started dating and holding hands and everything after like the first time they met, which I thought was strange. They meet three women who say that they can take them to find the father and "wrinkle through time" and go to another planet and find the dad. All of the "wrinkling through time" or "tessering" as they call it happened very fast and confused me very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment